The Pink Bedroom Room Box

My friend gifted me this room box kit for Christmas. It is filled with details.


I had to make some modifications to this kit. The electrical power box was made to hide under the bed, but that would require removal of the dust cover and lifting of the bed, every time you want to turn on the lights. So, I instead ran the wiring to the exterior, so I could hide the power box underneath the custom base.


These power boxes use AA or AAA batteries, depending on the kit model. It's great when you only have one kit, but if you start acquiring a collection, you might not turn them on often and your batteries may leak and cause damage. For that reason, you want to remove the batteries from the power box if you don't plan on using the lights often.


I always add felt pads to the base in order to prevent scratching the furniture.


I am absolutely terrible at sewing. Me and fabric do not get along at all. Surprisingly, these kits are quite forgiving because my bed turned out pretty good, considering my sewing challenge. Again, hot glue saved the day.