Provence Lavender Dollhouse Day 28

I assembled the kitchen today and thankfully, it's placement hides the wiring mess in the corner. Well, at least it hides most of it.

The kitchen goes under the window and in front of the hinged panel. Do not glue it to the wall, only to the floor. You do not want to glue the hinged panel by accident.

I placed many of the items that were already finished on top of the kitchen counter. This kitchen is so cute that it even has a photo of a chicken for the oven window. All of the cabinet handles are made of white wire. Remember that little book stand? Well, its for holding the cookbook open on the kitchen counter.

I still have the skylight clamped, because it was warped and it takes longer to straighten due to the thicker wood. I had to apply more glue to it.

I was not satisfied with the outcome of my dollhouse base. The paper that is used to cover it must be folded over the edges to cover them as well. The paper is a glossy paper that turns white at the folded edges. It's not very durable, as the ink easily comes off with any scratch or crease. By the time you are done covering your base, this paper will look like a mess. I was extremely disappointed in the outcome and refused to live with it.

So, I took some acrylic paints and color matched the brick color of the paper. This allowed me to touch up every crease, fold, uncovered edge, etc on this base and it turned out wonderful. I am finally satisfied with it.